"Maybe it's Maybelline!" xoxo


Hi Lovies!

Recently, Maybelline, the popular brand of make up products has added some fab products to their make up collection. Since I'm always very eager to try out new products, it's time to do some testing!


Let’s start with the NEW Feather Falsies mascara! This mascara has a gel-mousse formula which is great to keep your lashes flexible! But does it give my lashes the perfect feather falsies effect? Let's find out!

When opening the mascara I immediately noticed the brush.. The brush is created to bounce along while you apply your mascara, so every little lash can be covered with mascara, creating an intense false lashes effect. 






I Love how the bristles are grouped together, because this results in a concentration of mascara all over your lashes. The formula is moist, which I like, because applying a stiff and dry mascara has the tendency to break your lashes.




I really like the feathered effect this delivers. However—if you don’t have many lashes, this may not be the mascara for you. If your ratio of lashes-to-bristles on the brush is kind of minimal, it may not group them together properly. This could deliver more of a clumpy look, instead of volume.

But if you have a fair amount of lashes, this is really a great mascara! I used it on the looks I made for the ‘L’Oréal Miss Candy Collection’ and I must admit, the mascara gave my lashes a gorgeous diva look!

Rating: 8/10



I've become quite obsessed with lipsticks these past few months, especially those with colourful tubes and pretty names (What can I say, i'm easily pleased!)

The Colour Sensational Pop Sticks is one of those pretty Lipsticks that just had to be in my stash! It’s one of the newest additions to the Maybelline makeup line, and as it is such a well-known brand internationally, I had high hopes for this product.. 




I tried out the 'Tropical Pink'. When testing this I found out that the lipstick is very sheer and adds little to no colour to the lips. So I did some research and found that the 'pop sticks' reference in the title basically means that your lips will be shiny like an ice lolly.


Maybelline says: 


"New Colour Sensational popsticks. Now pouts pop with popsicle shine!

Juicy, sheer shades from our fruit-coloured, high clarity pigments. Slicker shine, more luscious feel, only from our crystal clear gloss stick."






Well, Maybelline’s description is almost right. It’s a sheer lipstick that creates a slight hint of colour. It glides onto the lip with such ease, leaving them feeling soft and moisturised. But I do not feel that this has the 'high clarity pigment' it promises. 




Overall I do like this product, but not in a 'lipstick way', more in a 'lip balm way', if you know what I mean:) So if you’re looking for a pretty lip balm with a little bit of colour, this is the product you’re looking for!

The Popsticks come in various shades: (€10,79)

020 Tropical Pink
040 Crystal Pink
060 Citrus Slice
080 Cherry Pop


Maybelline Popstick in 'Tropical Pink'
Rating: 7/10



Another addition to the Maybelline make up collection is this Super Stay gloss that claims to have a staying power up to 10 hours! I tried out ‘Forever Coral’, a rich coral colour.




When trying out the Maybelline SuperStay 10 Hour Stain gloss I found that it has a slight cooling effect on the lips. Feels great! 

After the cooling sensation is gone, which was also a sign the gloss has dried. I noticed that the gloss dried out my lips. So I would recommend using a lip balm after using this product.



The applicator looks really cute and fun to use at first. The size of it makes the application easy but also for the very same reason, it was harder for me to get into details with this applicator.

As for it’s lasting power, it doesn’t live up to it claims. Definitely didn’t last up to 10 hours. On my lips it lasted for about 2 hours (without eating or drinking).




Super Stay Stain Gloss comes in various colours (€10,99)

Lasting Pink
Forever Coral
Forever Fuchsia
Timeless Plum
Endless Ruby
Forever Berry



My Conclusion: The Super Stay 10 Hour Stain Gloss in ‘Forever Coral’ is a nice gloss that needs some extra moisturising from a lip balm as it tends to dry out the lips and needs retouching every two hours (+-).

Rating: 7,5/10



Last but not least, Maybelline has launched a new line of cream eyeshadows as part of their Eye Studio line. The Color Tattoo eyeshadows claim to be smudge-proof, crease-proof and wear for 24 hours.


When I first heard about this release, I was extremely skeptical. My experiences with drugstore cream shadow formulations have almost always ended up with horrific creasing. 

However, after hearing that these are crease free AND outlast MAC Paint Pots (my favorite primers), I couldn’t wait to test them..



I tried out the ‘Permanent Taupe’, a matte taupe cream eye shadow.

MAC Paint Pots have always been my favorite, but I seriously get the hype created around these Color tattoo eye shadows. I can honestly say they are amazing! They feel exactly the same as the MAC Paint Pots! They are also very pigmented, creamy and definitely don’t feel dry. What a winner!!




Now for the moment of truth... how do they wear? AMAZINGGGG I am absolutely blown away. I used this as a primer for my eyeshadow and my eyeshadow stayed put and crease free all day. I am thrilled!





Even though this product didn't pass the 24HR test (but seriously, who needs their eye shadow to last for 24hrs???), it was still impressive for a drugstore cream shadow. An A+ rating!



At €9,99, I think these are a steal considering their quality. If you are someone who likes MAC Paint Pots but don't like the price, I think these would be perfect for you!!

Rating: 10/10



Make Up Look with the Feather Falsies Mascara, Color Tattoo and the Super Stay Stain Gloss

Would you buy the NEW Maybelline products?

Until Next Time!


xoxo


http://www.dressesonly.be/

1 comments:

  • Fancier

    Why the link to dressesonly.be?

    And so many posts in a short time and then nothing!!

  • Post a Comment