"Kérastase - Elixir Ultime" xoxo


Hi Lovies!

Taking care of my hair is part of my daily routine. With my long hair this can be a time robbing chore.. Hair products that do the job and do it fast(!) are definitely my cup of tea!

I tried two of the Kérastase Elixir Ultime products, the Rose Millénaireand the Impérial hair oils.





According to Kerastase

The secret of magnificent hair is revealed with Kérastase Elixir Ultime! Uniquely versatile, this fantastic beautifying treatment enriched with a complex for four precious oils combine to create a luxurious Elixir for all hair types – a legend is born.
A powerful combination of emollient and nourishing ingredients that adapt to your specific hair care needs and habits, just a few drops of Kérastase Elixir Ultime, the alchemy of four precious oils work to transform hair to feel soft, supple and infinitely shiny. This versatile treatment can be applied before cleansing to instantly nourish and visibly regenerate hair, or before styling to leave hair incredibly supple and protected.

Kérastase Elixir Ultime key benefits and uses
  • As a pre-wash treatment: A luxurious pre-wash to prepare hair.
  • Pre-blow-dry: Apply a couple of drops to mid-lengths and ends to nourish, protect and maximize shine.
  • As a finishing product: Perfects the hair and reduces flyways.
  • Re-touch: Excellent for dry and demanding hair that needs added control and nourishment during the day.
  • Intensive conditioning: A leave-in conditioner for deep nourishment.





My thoughts

At first I was a bit sceptic, thinking that this was just another hair oil.. but after using (and smelling) this, well I can say it was love at first –pump-! Let’s take a closer look at these lovely hair oils..

In real life, the packaging is very nice, but not quite as luxurious looking as in the promotional pictures. The oil is housed in a 125ml plastic bottle with a gold coloured pump.

The oil is pretty light as compared to thick and greasy. It also had quite a runny consistency. A little goes a very long way and spreads easily onto the hair, so only a tiny amount is needed. 



To me the two oils smell very exotic and flowery. I like this scent alot, and so does my boyfriend (he’s always telling me my hair smells great)! 

Although you can use the oils as a precleansing treatment on dry hair, I tend not to use this as a precleanse. Instead I use it as a leave in conditioner/serum and finishing gloss.





As a leave in conditioner on towel dried hair, it made my hair feel more nourished, softer, smoother, and less dry looking. It works well as a serum to control fly-away or frizzy hair and to smooth the ends. Unlike alot of serums, this feels nice and really weightless in my hair. 





If you don't mind spending a little extra for shiny, sleek hair, then I would definitely recommend these Kérastase Hair oils!

The oils cost €34 (125ml) and are available at the Kérastase hairdresser.


Until Next Time!

xoxo



http://www.dressesonly.be/

0 comments:

Post a Comment